Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Meet my Android.


Meet my android. This device is my best friend. He's name is Andy but I prefer calling him Android because its the common name for those devices. The thing is he is always being different and more advanced compared to my friend's tab. It is obviously because he is my experiment subject for new apps and updates. Many people, friends of my friends are asking me what this device is and what it is for. That is why I think this blog could let me state his specifications and abilities so that if they read this they could understand their device too. And its a privilege to help them be updated about my android's latest news for android devices are always changing from one setup to another (Apps and OS firmware altogether).

SPECIFICATIONS:
Tablet Model:
WM8650
Brand:
Verizon
CPU Hardware:
WMT
CPU Model:
ARMv6 Processor
CPU Frequency:
797.97Mhz
Screen Resolution:
800 x 480
GPU Vendor:
Android
GPU Renderer
Android PixelFlinger 1.3
GPU Version (OpenGL)
OpenGL ES-CM 1.0
Memory Size (available/total)
196.5 / 512.0 MB
RAM Size (available/total)
40.2 / 203.6 MB
SD Card Size (available/total)
2485.7 / 3827.0 MB
Android Version:
v2.2
Build Number:
Generic-eng v2.2 Android Froyo
IMEI:
N/A
Kernel:
Linux Version 2.6.32.9-default (jodyfu@szmce13) (gcc version 4.5.1 (Source G++ lIte 2010.09-50) ) #100 
Wed Sep 21 08:25:24 HKT 2011



Uses Uberoid 10.1 with apps managed (removed unnecessary) which I call build 7
Rom modification changelog
>updated youtube to version 2.3.4
>added Antutu Battery Saver Pro
>added tweetcasterPro (tweeter app)
>added google currents
>updated Market 3.4.4
>updated facebook 1.7.2
>included Espier launcher
>included Windows 7 Launcher
>Added Dropbox
>moved unecessary applications to Localdisk/Downloads
>fixed 3G support (replaced busybox-1.16.0.mvl5_v5t)
>enabled touchscreen calibration (replaced default.prop with build.prop)

What is ROM? | Rom is the build version of your tablet’s Operating System. When you buy a brand new tablet whether it is branded tab or Chinese tablet it only runs at stock rom.

What is ROOTING? | Rooting is replacing a hacked android installer to the device  in order to be able to tweak it to its limit of performance. Device with non-rooted OS has a bunch of disadvantages when it comes to upgrading a device. 






No comments:

Post a Comment